Friday, September 5, 2008

Stand Up

John McCain is a man who beleives in the inherit goodness and overarching wisdom of his fellow Americans.

He trusts his fellow American to make the right decisions for himself and for his family. Senator McCain stands in stark opposition to his opponent, a candidate who refers to himself as his "brother's keeper"; a man who, as his wife says, "won't let you be the same"; who only speaks one language, yet pokes fun at "average" Americans for not speaking more; who perscribes for the people of America the temperature at which we should keep our homes and at what pressure we should inflate our tires. McCain's reply comes right from the hearts and souls of proud, independent men and women across America:

We believe in a government that unleashes the creativity and initiative of Americans, government that doesn’t make your choices for you, but works to make sure you have more choices to make for yourself.
John McCain is a man who has a deep and abiding love and admiration for his country. He sees what is great about this nation in ways that few of us can and expresses that love in ways we may not always recognize. Senator McCain tried to put some of that love and admiration into words tonight. In perhaps the most eloquent and moving portion of his speech, McCain said:

I fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else’s. I loved it not just for the many comforts of life here. I loved it for its decency, for its faith in the wisdom, justice, and goodness of its people. I loved it because it was not just a place, but an idea, a cause worth fighting for. I was never the same again; I wasn’t my own man anymore; I was my country’s.
My country saved me. My country saved me, and I cannot forget it. And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God.
He is in possession of none of his opponent's prowess for public speaking. He looks uncomfortable behind a podium and stumbles when reading from a teleprompter. Speaking is not his strong suit. Doing is.

This November our country can do no better than to elect her humble servent, a man who has given his life in service of her people, who has suffered greatly on our account and is rewarded most by our continued success. This November, our country can do no better than to elect John McCain.

No comments: